1. Objective of the policy
As an organization serious about the professionalism of the sport, fitness and martial arts industry we take all complaints seriously and by doing so we seek to maintain and enhance the reputation of our industry by providing you with clear processes by which to deal with concerns relating to the industry.
We are committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers and the general public by providing you with the correct information so you can resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
This policy has been designed to provide guidance to our customers, or coaches and the general public on the manner in which we receive and manage your complaint. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling your complaint.
The objective of this policy is to ensure:
- You are aware of our complaint lodgment and handling processes,
- Both you and our staff understand our complaints handling process,
- Your complaint is identified for fast resolution by Coach Check or for reporting to relevant authorities.
- Complaints are received and followed through impartially with the intent of a quick resolution.
- We take reasonable steps to actively protect your personal information
- Your complaint is considered on its merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
2. Definition of a complaint
In this policy a complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction by a customer relating to a coach either on this site or not.
3. How a complaint can be made
If you have serious concerns about coach, you should in the first instance consider speaking directly with the coach themselves or the organization in which they belong (this will be our first recommendation). If you are uncomfortable with this or consider the relevant coach or organization is unable to address your concerns you can lodge a complaint with us by completing a “Make a complaint” form on the Coach Check website.
4. The information you will need to tell us
When we are investigating your complaint, we will be relying on information provided by you. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary. To help us investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently you will be asked for the following information:
- Your name and contact details
- The nature of the complaint (Subject).
- In the message, detail the following
a. The name of the coach and the organization he/she belongs to
c. nature of the complain
d. Any steps you have already taken to resolve the compliant
5. Our four-point complaint process
- We acknowledge – within three business days of receiving your complaint we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
- We review – we undertake an initial review of your complaint and determine what if any additional information or documentation may be required to complete information gathering. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary.
- We respond – Following our examination of the facts we will notify you of our recommendations.
- We record - we will record your complaint for future reference in accordance with relevant privacy legislation.
6. Complaints under investigation by law enforcement agency
If your complaint is currently being investigated by a relevant law enforcement agency, we may cease to take further action in relation to your complaint pending finalization of their investigation.
We will assist any agency with their investigations.
7. Our complaint escalation process
- Where possible, we will attempt to help you resolve your complaint with the coach. If we are unable to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact, we will recommend further action
- If you are satisfied with our proposed decision or actions, we will close your complaint and record the findings for future refence.
- If the complaint is regarding criminal conduct on behalf of the complainant, we will advise you to contact local law enforcement agencies and where necessary provide assistance to help you.
- If a member coach is in clear breach of the Member Protection Policy by which they subscribe, and continuously breach or ignore the code and it can be proven then the coach will be removed from the www.coachcheck.com website after they have the right of reply.